Compile Matplotlib for Android

Hello,

I want to compile matplotlib for Android, but I really don’t have any clue where to start, well I have already stated with learning SL4A, also inclement sir(Alexander Taylor) says that its already been done by someone but I couldn’t find it at all so if somebody has any information about it please post it here, also if you have anything else that may help in this, please post that here too.
If somebody is interested in this, they can check my progress here.
Lastly, Thank you very much for all the informative comments on the thread ‘Kivy backend’, that really helped me a lot in writing my proposal.

Sorry this never got a response. I also have no idea where to start, but mpl depends an numpy (which has significant c code) and a number of c extensions internally (Agg for rasterization, freetype for font rendering).

I would suggest starting with figuring out how to compile numpy as it is required and I suspect simpler to compile.

Tom

···

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM Achyut Rastogi <rastogiachyut@…149…> wrote:

Hello,

I want to compile matplotlib for Android, but I really don’t have any clue where to start, well I have already stated with learning SL4A, also inclement sir(Alexander Taylor) says that its already been done by someone but I couldn’t find it at all so if somebody has any information about it please post it here, also if you have anything else that may help in this, please post that here too.
Lastly, Thank you very much for all the informative comments on the thread ‘Kivy backend’, that really helped me a lot in writing my proposal.

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored

by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all

things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to

news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the

conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/_______________________________________________

Matplotlib-devel mailing list

Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

I have made some progress with this, I found a incomplete recipe written by some body. So the next step for me is to read the python-for-android’s distribute.sh file so I can get a better understanding of the template they provide. I am slow though because less time and will power.

···

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 2:29 AM, Thomas Caswell <tcaswell@…149…> wrote:

Sorry this never got a response. I also have no idea where to start, but mpl depends an numpy (which has significant c code) and a number of c extensions internally (Agg for rasterization, freetype for font rendering).

I would suggest starting with figuring out how to compile numpy as it is required and I suspect simpler to compile.

Tom

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM Achyut Rastogi <rastogiachyut@…149…> wrote:

Hello,

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored

by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all

things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to

news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the

conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/_______________________________________________

Matplotlib-devel mailing list

Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel