combine eps files into a ps file ?

Hi,

I am using matplotlib to visualize my data, but the data sometimes have several sets.
Can I plot each set as usual to a EPS file, and combine these EPS file into a single ps file,
each page of this ps file is only one EPS file I got before.

Thanks.

Lingyun

On a Linux box:
   psmerge -ooutfile.ps figure1.eps figure2.eps

Anyway, I guess you need an external tool to do this ...

Manuel

Lingyun Yang wrote:

···

Hi,

   I am using matplotlib to visualize my data, but the data sometimes have
several sets.
Can I plot each set as usual to a EPS file, and combine these EPS file into
a single ps file,
each page of this ps file is only one EPS file I got before.

Thanks.

Lingyun

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

It is probably overkill, but I use Latex for this. You can fairly
easily have Python generate a text file that is the Latex input,
including captions for each figure. And then call latex using
os.system.

This might get you a psmerge for windows:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/psutils.htm

Ryan

···

On 9/12/07, Manuel Metz <mmetz@...1721...> wrote:

On a Linux box:
   psmerge -ooutfile.ps figure1.eps figure2.eps

Anyway, I guess you need an external tool to do this ...

Manuel

Lingyun Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using matplotlib to visualize my data, but the data sometimes have
> several sets.
> Can I plot each set as usual to a EPS file, and combine these EPS file into
> a single ps file,
> each page of this ps file is only one EPS file I got before.
>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lingyun
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
> Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Matplotlib-users mailing list
> Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

I recently asked a question along the same lines…
MATLAB has a command, print, and it allows you to output a figure to a file, such as a .ps file and it has a switch ‘-append’ so that you can append multiple plots to the same file.
Is there a switch for the pylab command, ‘savefig’ to do the same thing? There does not seem to be an equivalent print command.

···

Ryan Krauss <ryanlists@…287…> wrote:

It is probably overkill, but I use Latex for this. You can fairly
easily have Python generate a text file that is the Latex input,
including captions for each figure. And then call latex using
os.system.

This might get you a psmerge for windows:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/psutils.htm

Ryan

On 9/12/07, Manuel Metz wrote:

On a Linux
box:
psmerge -ooutfile.ps figure1.eps figure2.eps

Anyway, I guess you need an external tool to do this …

Manuel

Lingyun Yang wrote:

Hi,

I am using matplotlib to visualize my data, but the data sometimes have
several sets.
Can I plot each set as usual to a EPS file, and combine these EPS file into
a single ps file,
each page of this ps file is only one EPS file I got before.

Thanks.

Lingyun



This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft® Visual Studio 2005.

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/



Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users


This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft® Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/


Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users


This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft® Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/


Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users


Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.