colorbar.py bug in matplotlib 1.1.0?

I have some code that has worked in matplotlib versions 0.99 and 1.0.1. Recently, I updated to 1.1.0 and my code broke, specifically in a call to colorbar(). I tried running this gallery example and get the same error. Here is the snippet:

The error results from the first call to colorbar in the example, which is cbar = fig.colorbar(cax, ticks=[-1, 0, 1])
My internet searches have not revealed anything yet. Has anyone seen or reported this issue? Any clean work-arounds?

Josh Hemann

···

View this message in context: colorbar.py bug in matplotlib 1.1.0?

Sent from the matplotlib - users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Hi Josh,

Do you get the error with the gallery example, or some modified version of it? The example runs fine on my system (but I’m on a more recent development version).

Is there any chance that your installation got screwed up? How did you upgrade?

-Tony

···

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Josh Hemann <jhemann@…3666…> wrote:

I have some code that has worked in matplotlib versions 0.99 and 1.0.1. Recently, I updated to 1.1.0 and my code broke, specifically in a call to colorbar(). I tried running this gallery example and get the same error. Here is the snippet:

The error results from the first call to colorbar in the example, which is cbar = fig.colorbar(cax, ticks=[-1, 0, 1])
My internet searches have not revealed anything yet. Has anyone seen or reported this issue? Any clean work-arounds?
Josh Hemann

Thanks Tony. This is actually a brand new Python installation. I am running
on 64-bit Windows 7, with Enthought's EPD 7.2.2 (also 64-bit). I tried
testing various code snippets again and found that when I run my code,
subsequent gallery examples (that call colorbar()) fail. When I run the
gallery examples first they work as expected, but my code still fails in the
same place. Hmmm....

···

-----
Josh Hemann

View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/colorbar.py-bug-in-matplotlib-1.1.0--tp33203387p33204535.html
Sent from the matplotlib - users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.