Changing the hatch linewidth

Thanks in advance but Sorry to bother those who are not interested.

I had a plot with hatch in it. But the default linewidth for hatch makes it really hard to see in my current figure layout/scale, so I would like to increases the hatch linewidth;

plt.bar(ind, s1[:,3],width, color=‘0.85’, edgecolor=‘black’, linewidth=[0.5],hatch=’-----//////’)

The linewidth there can only change the width of the edge, but not the hatch width;

I did several google searches with no solution. But I indeed noticed that several years ago (back to year 2011), this is impossible as the hatch linewidth is hard coded as:

hatch_path_stroke.width(1.0);

But is this implemented so that I can change the hatch linewidth?

Best regards

Luis

I do not think the hatch linewith is currently controllable.

It is still hard coded in the Agg backend.

Making sure we have a reasonable api to set the hatch linewidth and then making sure it is well supported across all of our backends is a pretty major task which is why I suspect it has not been done yet.

If you are interested in working on adding this feature, and improving hatching in general, we would love the help!

Tom

···

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:47 AM Ying Liu <uberying@…287…> wrote:

Thanks in advance but Sorry to bother those who are not interested.

I had a plot with hatch in it. But the default linewidth for hatch makes it really hard to see in my current figure layout/scale, so I would like to increases the hatch linewidth;

plt.bar(ind, s1[:,3],width, color=‘0.85’, edgecolor=‘black’, linewidth=[0.5],hatch=‘-----//////’)

The linewidth there can only change the width of the edge, but not the hatch width;

I did several google searches with no solution. But I indeed noticed that several years ago (back to year 2011), this is impossible as the hatch linewidth is hard coded as:

hatch_path_stroke.width(1.0);

But is this implemented so that I can change the hatch linewidth?

Best regards

Luis

Matplotlib-users mailing list

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users