Changing default legend

Hi
Although, I have put a name for the axes in a plot, it is still a legend in the lower right corner with the values of “x” and “y”. I would like changing the variables of this legend, I mean, if I am studying the frequency vs vector wave, I would like having “w” and “k” in the legend of the lower right corner. I have attached a image of this.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Perhaps you can explain a bit more. It’s hard to know what you are plotting and how. In general you have to label a line to get it to have a legend entry.

Hi
I have changed the post. Maybe you could help me.

That is not a legend, that is your cursor position. You can have that say whatever you like: Modifying the coordinate formatter — Matplotlib 3.3.4 documentation

1 Like

I didn’t know how to name the post, it is the cursor position!, you gave the exactly name. Thank you for your assistant.
Regards

1 Like

Hi
Some months ago you helped me about setting cursor position name. Back then, it was enough. Actually, I am facing other situation. I would like obtaining a mathematical expression for the cursor position name. I mean, I need to obtain a formal expression but I have researched a lot but I have not found nothing yet.
Would you help me? I would appreciate a lot.
Best

That line is handled by the toolkits, and likely doesn’t support any markup. But you can probably use Unicode characters for superscripts.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. I have appreciated it a lot!