Canvas in a scrolled window (pygtk) ?

Hello everyone,

I have yet another question which I could not solve, even though I read a lot of the backend specific source code today.

I use the OO interface of matplotlib, specifically the gtk backend, and I would like to add scrollbars to the canvas widget. Normally I would pack the widget into a gtk.ScrolledWindow and expect everything to work fine. But the canvas widget ignores this and still scales with the window size. Is it possible to specify a fixed size for the canvas?

Best regards,

Niklas Volbers.

Hi,

I am running into a problem both with the source available from sourceforge and with the package distributed by fink (version 0.83.1 of matplotlib).

The compile fails with this command:

g++-3.3 -L/sw/lib -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -L/sw/lib build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/src/_na_transforms.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/src/mplutils.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/cxx_extensions.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/cxxsupport.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/cxxextensions.o -L/sw/lib/freetype219/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib -lstdc++ -lm -o build/lib.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/matplotlib/_na_transforms.so
ld: /usr/lib/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o) malformed object, illegal reference for -dynamic code (reference to a coalesced section (__TEXT,__textcoal_nt) from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation entry (0))
ld: /usr/lib/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o) malformed object, illegal reference for -dynamic code (reference to a coalesced section (__TEXT,__textcoal_nt) from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation entry (4))
error: command 'g++-3.3' failed with exit status 1

I had matplotlib running just fine until I upgraded the operating system and then did a fateful 'fink update-all'. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried rebuilding the freetype library.

I don't see older versions of matplotlib on the web site, and do not know how to get them from fink (if that is possible), but I wonder if moving back a version might help me. Where can I find the source code for non up-to-date versions of matplotlib, if it is available? I just don't know what else to try, and I know that it used to work.

Thanks for any help,
Mark

After persuing the fink developer lists, I found mention that gcc 4 on OS X is incompatible with g++ 3.3. By selecting gcc 3.3 for the compile, I can get a full compile and what appears to be a working version of matplotlib (albeit with a few errors on startup regarding missing font files.)

ยทยทยท

On Jul 17, 2005, at 1:14 AM, Mark Engelhardt wrote:

Hi,

I am running into a problem both with the source available from sourceforge and with the package distributed by fink (version 0.83.1 of matplotlib).

The compile fails with this command:

g++-3.3 -L/sw/lib -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -L/sw/lib build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/src/_na_transforms.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/src/mplutils.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/cxx_extensions.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/cxxsupport.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.o build/temp.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/CXX/cxxextensions.o -L/sw/lib/freetype219/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib -lstdc++ -lm -o build/lib.darwin-8.2.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/matplotlib/_na_transforms.so
ld: /usr/lib/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o) malformed object, illegal reference for -dynamic code (reference to a coalesced section (__TEXT,__textcoal_nt) from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation entry (0))
ld: /usr/lib/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o) malformed object, illegal reference for -dynamic code (reference to a coalesced section (__TEXT,__textcoal_nt) from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation entry (4))
error: command 'g++-3.3' failed with exit status 1

I had matplotlib running just fine until I upgraded the operating system and then did a fateful 'fink update-all'. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried rebuilding the freetype library.

I don't see older versions of matplotlib on the web site, and do not know how to get them from fink (if that is possible), but I wonder if moving back a version might help me. Where can I find the source code for non up-to-date versions of matplotlib, if it is available? I just don't know what else to try, and I know that it used to work.

Thanks for any help,
Mark

-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click