Call notes from Monday?s call.
On call: Thomas, Eric, Ryan, Jody, Antony (later half)
Thomas reported that there is a fund for a mini-workshop to scope out documentation changes. Plan was to use that to write a proposal to fund a book.
- Eric expressed some reservations about a book, given the state of flux some parts of Matplotlib are in.
- Jody noted that beyond the book, a shorter ?getting started? guide on the webpage would still be desirable:
ACTION: Jody to co-ordinate a couple of outline documents that could start outlining both of these projects before any meeting.
There was also some discussion of online documentation technology:
- Notebooks (via nbsphinx: https://nbsphinx.readthedocs.io)
- hard to make PRs with. Diffs are a mess in GitHub.
- Can?t use emacs (easily)
- RST-based, with plot directive:
- python authoring less than desirable
- Sphinx-gallery based:
- rst authoring less than desirable
- sphinx gallery has very restricted ordering methods (file size and alphabetical)
## Release 2.2
Various Release-Critical PRs were looked at.