building of latex docs failing at barb_demo.pdf

Hi,

With the recent regression fixed in Pygments, the doc auto-builder is
closer to completing successfully. However, there's a new bug. The build
ends with:

LaTeX Warning: File `/home/mpl-chslave/slave-py25/build_docs/build/doc/build/pl
ot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/barb_demo.pdf' not found on input line
28650.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file /home/mpl-chslave/slave-py25/build_docs/build/doc
/build/plot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/barb_demo.pdf): cannot find i
mage file
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Feel free to check in the attempted solution and the buildbot will
automatically try it. (See the "
<http://mpl-buildbot.code.astraw.com/builders/Ubuntu%208.04%2C%20Python%202.5%2C%20amd64>Ubuntu
8.04, Python 2.5, amd64 (docs)" column at
http://mpl-buildbot.code.astraw.com/waterfall )

Waiting for this will take up to 20 minutes before the build is
triggered (10 minute polling on the svn repo, and a 10 minute timeout
before any build is started in case another commit comes in). So you can
also force a build by clicking the column title ("Ubuntu 8.04, Python
2.5, amd64 (docs)" and then clicking the "Force Build" button.

It will be great to get the buildbot automatically building the svn docs
successfully.

-Andrew

Hmm... I can't reproduce this locally. But it looks like it's using doctree files cached from a previous run.

I'll try calling "python make.py clean" before "python make.py all" in the _buildbot_doc.sh (at least temporarily), to try to get a complete build log which might offer more clues.

Mike

Andrew Straw wrote:

···

Hi,

With the recent regression fixed in Pygments, the doc auto-builder is
closer to completing successfully. However, there's a new bug. The build
ends with:

LaTeX Warning: File `/home/mpl-chslave/slave-py25/build_docs/build/doc/build/pl
ot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/barb_demo.pdf' not found on input line
28650.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file /home/mpl-chslave/slave-py25/build_docs/build/doc
/build/plot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/barb_demo.pdf): cannot find i
mage file
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Feel free to check in the attempted solution and the buildbot will
automatically try it. (See the "
<http://mpl-buildbot.code.astraw.com/builders/Ubuntu%208.04%2C%20Python%202.5%2C%20amd64>Ubuntu
8.04, Python 2.5, amd64 (docs)" column at
http://mpl-buildbot.code.astraw.com/waterfall )

Waiting for this will take up to 20 minutes before the build is
triggered (10 minute polling on the svn repo, and a 10 minute timeout
before any build is started in case another commit comes in). So you can
also force a build by clicking the column title ("Ubuntu 8.04, Python
2.5, amd64 (docs)" and then clicking the "Force Build" button.

It will be great to get the buildbot automatically building the svn docs
successfully.

-Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Verizon Developer Community
Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support
A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and easy
Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev _______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel
  
--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA

Cleaning the docs first seems to have fixed it.

Is there a way to download the build products (i.e. the PDF file produced)?

Mike

Michael Droettboom wrote:

···

Hmm... I can't reproduce this locally. But it looks like it's using doctree files cached from a previous run.

I'll try calling "python make.py clean" before "python make.py all" in the _buildbot_doc.sh (at least temporarily), to try to get a complete build log which might offer more clues.

Mike

Andrew Straw wrote:
  

Hi,

With the recent regression fixed in Pygments, the doc auto-builder is
closer to completing successfully. However, there's a new bug. The build
ends with:

LaTeX Warning: File `/home/mpl-chslave/slave-py25/build_docs/build/doc/build/pl
ot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/barb_demo.pdf' not found on input line
28650.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file /home/mpl-chslave/slave-py25/build_docs/build/doc
/build/plot_directive/mpl_examples/pylab_examples/barb_demo.pdf): cannot find i
mage file
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Feel free to check in the attempted solution and the buildbot will
automatically try it. (See the "
<http://mpl-buildbot.code.astraw.com/builders/Ubuntu%208.04%2C%20Python%202.5%2C%20amd64>Ubuntu
8.04, Python 2.5, amd64 (docs)" column at
http://mpl-buildbot.code.astraw.com/waterfall )

Waiting for this will take up to 20 minutes before the build is
triggered (10 minute polling on the svn repo, and a 10 minute timeout
before any build is started in case another commit comes in). So you can
also force a build by clicking the column title ("Ubuntu 8.04, Python
2.5, amd64 (docs)" and then clicking the "Force Build" button.

It will be great to get the buildbot automatically building the svn docs
successfully.

-Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Verizon Developer Community
Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support
A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and easy
Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers
http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev _______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel
  
--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA

Michael Droettboom wrote:

Cleaning the docs first seems to have fixed it.

Is there a way to download the build products (i.e. the PDF file produced)?

That, and testing for doc build failures, is the point, although I managed to screw up the uploading until now. However, I believe I have fixed this and we should now have auto-built docs from svn trunk at:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/trunk-docs
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/trunk-docs/Matplotlib.pdf

Perhaps we should link these from somewhere. And the URLs can certainly be changed without much difficulty.

Thanks for finding the clean step issue -- I thought the buildbot software automatically cleaned the working directory on every build, but obviously I thought wrong.

-Andrew