binary release for numpy 1.0

Any chance we can get a binary release together to work with the latest
version of numpy? There are some posts on scipy-user complaining that 0.87.4
wont work with numpy C API version 1000000 (numpy-1.0b1).

Darren

I have this on hand right now.

http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.egg

I could make an exe build if you woudl prefer that. How long is numpy
supposed to be in beta?

- Charlie

···

On 8/2/06, Darren Dale <dd55@...143...> wrote:

Any chance we can get a binary release together to work with the latest
version of numpy? There are some posts on scipy-user complaining that 0.87.4
wont work with numpy C API version 1000000 (numpy-1.0b1).

Darren

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

Travis says that barring the discovery of some issue during the beta period,
the C API will not change before numpy-1.1. I think an exe may be necessary
as well.

···

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 15:57, Charlie Moad wrote:

I have this on hand right now.

http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.egg

I could make an exe build if you woudl prefer that. How long is numpy
supposed to be in beta?

- Charlie

On 8/2/06, Darren Dale <dd55@...143...> wrote:
> Any chance we can get a binary release together to work with the latest
> version of numpy? There are some posts on scipy-user complaining that
> 0.87.4 wont work with numpy C API version 1000000 (numpy-1.0b1).
>
> Darren
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
> cash
> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
> _______________________________________________
> Matplotlib-devel mailing list
> Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

--
Darren S. Dale, Ph.D.
Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source
Cornell University
200L Wilson Lab
Rt. 366 & Pine Tree Road
Ithaca, NY 14853

dd55@...143...
office: (607) 255-9894
fax: (607) 255-9001

Darren Dale wrote:

Travis says that barring the discovery of some issue during the beta period, the C API will not change before numpy-1.1. I think an exe may be necessary as well.

and an OS-X mpkg, if you're set up to do that -- also, we'd need to build an mpkg of the numpy you used as well.

I don't know if it's time to do that quite yet though.

-Chris

···

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer
                                         
NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...236...

Charlie,

I downloaded your egg and tried to Easy_Install it. I got errors.
(Warning: total novice at eggs) Below are the errors. Any suggestions?

Cheers, David

D:\Software Archive\Python\MatPlotLib>easy_install
matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4
-win32.egg
Processing matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Scripts\easy_install-script.py", line 7, in ?
    sys.exit(
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 1588, in main
    with_ei_usage(lambda:
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 1577, in with_ei_usage
    return f()
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 1591, in <lambda>
    distclass=DistributionWithoutHelpCommands, **kw
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\distutils\core.py", line 149, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\distutils\dist.py", line 946, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\distutils\dist.py", line 966, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 211, in run
    self.easy_install(spec, not self.no_deps)
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 427, in easy_install
    return self.install_item(None, spec, tmpdir, deps, True)
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 471, in install_item
    dists = self.install_eggs(spec, download, tmpdir)
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 619, in install_eggs
    return [self.install_egg(dist_filename, tmpdir)]
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 670, in install_egg
    dist = self.egg_distribution(egg_path)
  File
"c:\python24\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c1-py2.4.egg\setuptools\comm
and\easy_install.py", line 661, in egg_distribution
    metadata = EggMetadata(zipimport.zipimporter(egg_path))
zipimport.ZipImportError: not a Zip file:
'matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.e
gg'

D:\Software Archive\Python\MatPlotLib>

···

At 8/2/2006 3:57 PM Charlie Moad wrote:

I have this on hand right now.

http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.egg

I could make an exe build if you woudl prefer that. How long is numpy
supposed to be in beta?

- Charlie

On 8/2/06, Darren Dale <dd55@...143...> wrote:

Any chance we can get a binary release together to work with the latest
version of numpy? There are some posts on scipy-user complaining that 0.87.4
wont work with numpy C API version 1000000 (numpy-1.0b1).

Darren

I had bed perms on the file. It's fixed now. I'm curious how you
downloaded it in the first place? Ah well.

···

On 8/4/06, David Flory <lists@...439...> wrote:

At 8/2/2006 3:57 PM Charlie Moad wrote:
> I have this on hand right now.
>
> http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.egg
>
> I could make an exe build if you woudl prefer that. How long is numpy
> supposed to be in beta?
>
> - Charlie
>
> On 8/2/06, Darren Dale <dd55@...143...> wrote:
>> Any chance we can get a binary release together to work with the latest
>> version of numpy? There are some posts on scipy-user complaining that 0.87.4
>> wont work with numpy C API version 1000000 (numpy-1.0b1).
>>
>> Darren
>>

Charlie,

I downloaded your egg and tried to Easy_Install it. I got errors.
(Warning: total novice at eggs) Below are the errors. Any suggestions?

Christopher Barker wrote:

Darren Dale wrote:
  

Travis says that barring the discovery of some issue during the beta period, the C API will not change before numpy-1.1. I think an exe may be necessary as well.
    
and an OS-X mpkg, if you're set up to do that -- also, we'd need to build an mpkg of the numpy you used as well.

I don't know if it's time to do that quite yet though.

Wait a bit until I get the Numeric backward-compatibility module straightened out. Some name imports in matplotlib may have to change again to get it right.

This should be done by the end of the weekend.

-Travis