Basemap r8403 and numpy 2.0

All,
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been using Basemap. I was just trying to update my local svn directory to r8403 and reinstall basemap, but an import fail w/ the following message:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "~/basemap-dev/lib/mpl_toolkits/basemap/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    import _geoslib, netcdftime
  File "_geoslib.pyx", line 13, in _geoslib (src/_geoslib.c:4014)
ValueError: numpy.ndarray does not appear to be the correct type object
"""
I'm using numpy 2.0.0r8460 (development version). basemap can be successfully imported w/ the latest stable version, though. What am I doing wrong ?
Thx in advance.
P.

Pierre: That should have been fixed with a recompile of the _geoslib C extension Are you sure you deleted the build directory before reinstalling basemap?

-Jeff

···

On 6/10/10 10:40 AM, Pierre GM wrote:

All,
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been using Basemap. I was just trying to update my local svn directory to r8403 and reinstall basemap, but an import fail w/ the following message:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in<module>
   File "~/basemap-dev/lib/mpl_toolkits/basemap/__init__.py", line 43, in<module>
     import _geoslib, netcdftime
   File "_geoslib.pyx", line 13, in _geoslib (src/_geoslib.c:4014)
ValueError: numpy.ndarray does not appear to be the correct type object
"""
I'm using numpy 2.0.0r8460 (development version). basemap can be successfully imported w/ the latest stable version, though. What am I doing wrong ?
Thx in advance.
P.

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker Phone : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist FAX : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD R/PSD1 Email : Jeffrey.S.Whitaker@...236...
325 Broadway Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-113
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web : Jeffrey S. Whitaker: NOAA Physical Sciences Laboratory