AxesGrid question

i am trying to use the example at
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/simple_axesgrid.html

but axes_grid is not in mpl_toolkits for the standard matplotlib build. Where
can I get the axes_grid tools?

Cheers
   Tommy

The axes_grid toolkit is recently added to the matplotlib, and you
need to have development version of matplotlib.
You may try the matplotlib 0.99rc1 released a few days ago

http://www.nabble.com/matplotlib-0.99.0-rc1-%3A-call-for-testing-td24760373.html

or you may try to install from the svn

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/installing_faq.html#install-svn

-JJ

···

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Tommy Grav<tgrav@...935...> wrote:

i am trying to use the example at
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/simple_axesgrid.html

but axes_grid is not in mpl_toolkits for the standard matplotlib
build. Where
can I get the axes_grid tools?

Cheers
Tommy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

Thanks, I downloaded and installed 0.99rc1 and that worked beautifully.
Might be good to put this explicitly on the webpages as it is very confusing.

Tommy

···

On Aug 1, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Jae-Joon Lee wrote:

The axes_grid toolkit is recently added to the matplotlib, and you
need to have development version of matplotlib.
You may try the matplotlib 0.99rc1 released a few days ago

http://www.nabble.com/matplotlib-0.99.0-rc1-%3A-call-for-testing-td24760373.html

or you may try to install from the svn

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/installing_faq.html#install-svn

-JJ

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Tommy Grav<tgrav@...935...> wrote:

i am trying to use the example at
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/simple_axesgrid.html

but axes_grid is not in mpl_toolkits for the standard matplotlib
build. Where
can I get the axes_grid tools?

Cheers
Tommy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

Thanks, I downloaded and installed 0.99rc1 and that worked beautifully.
Might be good to put this explicitly on the webpages as it is very
confusing.

This is not just a issue of axes_grid toolkit. The current mpl
document on the home page (including the gallery) reflects what is in
the svn development tree.
Yes, I agree that this is confusing. I guess there have been similar
issues raised before, but I can't remember what the resolution was.

John, is it possible to have two different set of documents on the
web? One for the stable release, and the other for development
version? This seems to be one of the obvious solutions to me.

Regards,

-JJ

···

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Tommy Grav<tgrav@...935...> wrote:

Tommy

On Aug 1, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Jae-Joon Lee wrote:

The axes_grid toolkit is recently added to the matplotlib, and you
need to have development version of matplotlib.
You may try the matplotlib 0.99rc1 released a few days ago

http://www.nabble.com/matplotlib-0.99.0-rc1-%3A-call-for-testing-td24760373.html

or you may try to install from the svn

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/installing_faq.html#install-svn

-JJ

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Tommy Grav<tgrav@...935...> wrote:

i am trying to use the example at
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/simple_axesgrid.html

but axes_grid is not in mpl_toolkits for the standard matplotlib
build. Where
can I get the axes_grid tools?

Cheers
Tommy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports
2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment -
and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users