Any fix for wxAgg on Mac?

>Otherwise, Charlie Moad was building binaries -- I wonder what's
>become of him?

Been busy... :wink:

I posted the mac binaries last night.

Russell and Charlie,

Are your two binaries any different? Any reason to choose one over the other? In particular, which of these are supported:

numpy 1.*
Numeric
numarray

GTK
TK
wx (which version?)

-Chris

路路路

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer
聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽
NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...259...

My binary supports:
- numpy 1.0 (the default), Numeric and numarray
- TkAgg using the built in Tcl/Tk or a user-added Tcl/Tk 8.4.x
- WXAgg using wxPython 2.6
   (I just realized this is the default, which is bad because it's not built in)

It does not support GTK or Qt.

Unfortunately it requires the user to:
- Install one or more numeric packages
- Set up a matploblibrc file unless they want to use numpy and WXAgg
so it includes a ReadMe.txt file telling the user what to do.

It would be better if matplotlib "just ran" out of the box. I'm not sure the best way to do this. Some possibilities are:
- Include numpy in the matplotlib package and have the default matplotlibrc file use that. One would have to be careful about how to handle an existing numpy (if any), and I really don't know how to do that. Naive users would probably appreciate matplotlib using its own version and ignoring any built in (and possibly incompatible) version, but that sounds like a nightmare for more experienced users.

- Run a post-install script that modifies the default matploblibrc file by looking for installed numeric packages and picking one as the default for numerix. It could warn the user if no compatible numeric package was found. This is clearly less friendly than the first option, but doesn't bring up the issue of conflicting with a user-installed numpy.

- Some combination whereby a post-install script installs numpy 1.0 if no numpy is found and bitches loudly if a too-old version is found.

Any ideas on this? Charlie: does your version already handle this somehow?

If we use my package then I should submit a new version that has TkAgg as its default.

-- Russell

路路路

At 10:18 AM -0800 2006-11-09, Christopher Barker wrote:

Russell and Charlie,

Are your two binaries any different? Any reason to choose one over the other? In particular, which of these are supported:

numpy 1.*
Numeric
numarray

GTK
TK
wx (which version?)