This is (hopefully) a final rollup of what is (should be) a fairly
stable tree. Mainly I wanted to send a release notification out to
the larger python community (scipy/numpy/python-list) since I haven't
done that since 0.60 (July 2004).
For the major releases, I tend to try and shy away from new features
preferring a stable src. But for you hardened, grizzled matplotlib
veterans, there are a few enticements nonetheless
- pie charts and new example/pie_demo.py. See
- support for object picking - see examples/picker_demo.py. As
people test this out and we settle on an interface, this will
probably become part of the core, as will other keypress
functionality for navigation, grid toogle, zoom toggle etc.
- Fixed coords notification in wx toolbar
- key press and release event supported across backends -- see
- added Shadow patch class to provide a shadow effect for polygons,
legends, pie charts -
- new examples/text_rotation.py demonstrates how text rotations and
alignment work in matplotlib.
- Fixed PS mathtext bug where color was not set
- Fixed an agg text rotation alignment bug, fixed some text kwarg
- Refactored event handling - multiple connects and disconnects now
work across backends. See examples/coords_demo.py, especially
- Fixed a tkagg interactive bug that caused segfaults in some
As usual, downloads at http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib