This is primarily a bug-fix release from 0.65, though a couple of
little features managed to sneak in
- 4x image speedups for large images
- figimage bug fixed
- fixed some bugs which caused the colorbar not to update properly
when changing colormap interactively
- refactored axes management to support delaxes, which deletes, as
opposed to clears, a specified axes. Default to current axes
- tkagg's classic and new-fangled toolbars are now embeddable.
- extended the new set/get introspection features to more classes
- fixed some tkagg flakiness on win32 regarding unusual uses of show.
- new cross backend animation idiom in examples/anim.py - use
interactive mode rather than timers/idle handlers.
- deferred some initializations in dates and colors modules for
faster load times.