[ANN-JOB] Project Jupyter is hiring a Project Manager - position at UC Berkeley

Hi all,

[ please direct all replies directly to me ]

Project Jupyter is announcing the opening of a position for a full-time project manager, who will help us coordinate our technical development, engage the open source community and work with our multiple stakeholders in academia and industry.

If you have experience leading technical teams in open source communities, we’d love to hear from you! In the last few years the project has rapidly grown in multiple directions, and this presents both challenges and opportunities. We are looking for someone who can help us harness the energy and activity from our many contributors that include those funded by our research grants, our industry partners, and the entire open source community.

The role of the project manager is to help us maintain this activity focused into a solid whole, so we can deliver timely and robust releases, evolve our architecture coherently, ensure our documentation and communication matches our technical foundation, and continue engaging a wide range of stakeholders to evolve the project in new, interesting and valuable directions.

This position will be hosted at the Berkeley Institute for Data Science, working locally with Fernando Perez, Matthias Bussonnier, and our new postdoctoral scholars. But the scope of this role is the entire project, so we are looking for a candidate who will be regularly communicating with project stakeholders from all locations, traveling to conferences, development workshops and other project activities.

For specific details on the position and to apply, you can learn more at jobs.berkeley.edu, Job ID #20975:

https://hrw-vip-prod.is.berkeley.edu/psc/JOBSPROD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=20975&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1&

Note that while the application review date is listed as January 1, 2016, we will be considering applicants past that date (that is the cutoff for us to be allowed to look at incoming applications). The search will remain open until filled.

···

Fernando Perez (@fperez_org; http://fperez.org)
fperez.net-at-gmail: mailing lists only (I ignore this when swamped!)
fernando.perez-at-berkeley: contact me here for any direct mail