The CFP for SciPy India 2012, to be held in IIT Bombay from December
27-29 is open. Please spread the word!
Scipy.in is a conference providing opportunities to spread the use of
the Python programming language in the Scientific Computing community
in India. It provides a unique opportunity to interact with the "Who's
who" of the Python for Scientific Computing fraternity and learn,
understand, participate, and contribute to Scientific Computing using
Python. Attendees of the conference and participants of the sprints
planned will be able to access and review the tools available. They
will also be able to learn domain-specific applications and how the
tools apply to a plethora of application problems.
One of the goals of the conference is to combine education,
engineering, and science with computing through the medium of
Python. This conference also aims to spread the use of Python for
Scientific Computing in various fields and among different
Call for Papers
We look forward to your submissions on the use of Python for
Scientific Computing and Education. This includes pedagogy,
exploration, modeling and analysis from both applied and
developmental perspectives. We welcome contributions from academia
as well as industry.
Submission of Papers
If you wish to present your paper using this platform, please submit
an abstract of 300 to 700 words describing the topic, including its
relevance to scientific computing. Based on the number and quality
of the submissions, the conference organizers will allot 10 - 30
minutes for each accepted talk.
In addition to these talks, there will be an open session of
lightning talks, during which any attendee who wishes to talk on a
pertinent topic is invited to do a presentation not exceeding five
minutes in duration.
If you wish to present a talk at the conference, please follow the
- Submit your proposals at scipy@...4230...
- Submissions whose main purpose is to promote a commercial product
or service will be refused.
- All accepted proposals must be presented at the SciPy conference
by at least one author.
- Call for proposals start: 27th September 2012, Thursday
- Call for proposals end: 1st November 2012, Thursday
- List of accepted proposals will be published: 19th November 2012, Monday
- Submission of first presentation: 10th December 2012, Monday
- Submission of final presentation(with final changes): 20th
December 2012, Thursday