The main purpose of this release is to take advantage of the new aspect ratio handling in matplotlib 0.87.3.
Some new features have been added (new polar-centric convenience projections, sinusoidal projection, ability to plot land-sea masks, pcolormesh method), and numerous bugs were squashed.
Here is the full list of changes since 0.8.2:
* updated for new matplotlib aspect ratio handling.
Now maps will always have the correct aspect ratio.
* if resolution keyword is set to None when Basemap
instance is created, no boundary data sets are needed
(methods to draw boundaries, like drawcoastlines, will
raise an exception).
* update to proj4 module - renamed pyproj to avoid
conflicts with proj4 module from CDAT.
* createfigure method deprecated, since maps
will now automatically have the correct aspect ratio.
* Added new projections Xpstere, Xplaea, Xpaeqd (where X
can be n or s). These are special-case, polar-centric
versions of the stereographic, lambert azimuthal equal area
and azimuthal equidistant projections that don't require
you specify the lat/lon values of the lower-left and upper-right
corners. * fixed bugs in plot, scatter and mapboundary methods for
miller, cylindrical and mercator projections.
* 'crude' and 'low' resolution boundary datasets now installed
by default. basemap_data package now only needed for to get
'intermediate' and 'high' resolution datasets.
* moved all packages under single lib/ directory so
setuptools' "develop" command works properly.
* Added sinusoidal projection.
* bilinear interpolation routines can return masked arrays with
values outside range of data coordinates masked.
* New examples (warpimage.py - warping an image to
different map projections, polarmaps.py - simplified polar
projections, garp.py - 'World According to Garp' maps).
* pcolormesh method added.
* drawlsmask method added for masking oceans and/or land areas.
5 minute land-sea mask dataset added.
Jeffrey S. Whitaker Phone : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist FAX : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD R/PSD1 Email : Jeffrey.S.Whitaker@...236...
325 Broadway Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-124
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web : http://tinyurl.com/5telg