A quesstion with matplotlib

Dear all,

I have a quesstion about change the width of the ylabel.You know the width of the ylabel is relaete to the x axi,how can i change the width of the ylabel not depend on the width of the x-axis?

Thank you!

George

2010/12/31 余亮罡 <nuptyu@…572…>

Dear all,

I have a quesstion about change the width of the ylabel.You know the width of the ylabel is relaete to the x axi,how can i change the width of the ylabel not depend on the width of the x-axis?

Thank you!

George

Maybe I am not understanding. The height of the y-axis label text (which is then rotated 90 degrees) is dependent upon the font size, and should already be completely independent of the x-axis. Can you show some examples of what you mean?

Ben Root

Hi Ben:
I just do not know how to change the font size,could you tell me that? Thank you !

···

At 2011-01-01 07:08:23,“Benjamin Root” <ben.root@…553…> wrote:

2010/12/31 余亮罡 <nuptyu@…572…>

Dear all,

Thank you!

George

Maybe I am not understanding. The height of the y-axis label text (which is then rotated 90 degrees) is dependent upon the font size, and should already be completely independent of the x-axis. Can you show some examples of what you mean?

Ben Root

余亮罡, on 2011-01-03 13:31, wrote:

I just do not know how to change the font size,could you tell
me that? Thank you !

Here's a small example. You can either keep around the ylabel
from when you first create it:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
  lbl = plt.ylabel("foo")
  lbl.set_size(25)

If you already have the labels on an axes:

ax = plt.gca()
  lbl = ax.yaxis.get_label()