Can I use MatPlotLib at my commercial website for free?

Hi.

Can I use MatPlotLib at my commercial website for free? Do I have to fill some requirements/conditions?

Thanks
Mike

Can you say some more about how you plan to use matplotlib?

Well, I’d like to draw plots of Math functions. It is early state, I cannot say too much. I’ll develop platform for solving equations etc. I’ll earn money from adds and extra features.

Can I use MatPlotLib at my business for free?

Yes, so long as your usage doesn’t violate the license https://www.github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/tree/master/LICENSE

Oh. Great ! :slight_smile:

If I understand correctly, I only need to add info about authors and tool which will be used to draw plots yes?

No one here is a lawyer, but I believe the idea is that you can use Matplotlib, but if you redistribute Matplotlib code you must include our License and copyright. So if you are just using our code for plotting I don’t think you need to do anything (though a citation is always nice). If you are sharing your plotting code and we are dependency, I don’t think you need to do anything. If you vendor our code, and share it, then you do need to include our license and Copyright. For instance we re-distribute the colorbrewer colormaps as part of cm.py so we include their license…